The Hutcherson Flying Queens Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) not for profit entity, was founded in 2012 to give us an opportunity to give back to Wayland and the Hutcherson Family for all that they did for us and for the many Flying Queens throughout the years. Our stated purpose is:
“The Hutcherson Flying Queens Foundation, Inc. is developed for the charitable and educational purpose of providing financial support and assistance, in accordance with the rules of any applicable intercollegiate athletic association and athletic conference regulating collegiate athletics, to the “Flying Queens” women’s basketball program at Wayland Baptist University in Plainview, Texas. The primary intention is to assist young women in attaining a college education, while playing on a world class basketball team.”
Due to your past generous support, the Foundation was able to respond to the request from Coach Alesha Robertson-Ellis.
· 2013 – Provided funds for a trip to California to play in a tournament.
· 2014 – Purchased basketball software to help the coaches with scouting other teams.
· 2015 -Provided funds to allow the Flying Queens to fly to Great Falls, Montana to play in a tournament with other highly rated NAIA teams and get needed tough playing experience before beginning conference play.
· 2015 – Provided funds to assist with the completion of the documentary film: Flying Queens: A Basketball Dynasty. The film highlights the impact the Flying Queens team has had on women’s basketball and on the lives of so many young women who have played on the team. It is important for the past, present and future of the Flying Queens.
· 2016 – Provided funds team t-shirts to wear during the National Tournament.
· 2016 – Provided funds to to allow the Flying Queens to fly to Las Vegas, and compete in the Las Vegas Hoopla.
· 2017 – Provided funds for the Flying Queens team to fly to Hawaii for a Christmas Tournament.
· 2018 – Provided funds for the Flying Queens team to fly to California to play top ranked teams.